PLEASE RESERVE A SPOT AHEAD OF TIME AS THIS CLASS MAY FILL UP QUICKLY!!
YOU MAY RESERVE BY PHONE OR EMAIL.
Level I (8 Hours)
Overview of Powers to Arrest, and Weapons of Mass Destruction. After this course students may apply for a license.
Level II (16 Hours)
- Public Relations,
- Observation and Documentation,
- Communication and its Significance,
- Liability/Legal Aspects,
- Officer Survival,
- Handcuffing (more advanced than PTA courses,
- Handcuffing Difficult People,
- Workplace Violence,
- Chemical Agents (Tear Gas, Pepper Spray),
- Stun Gun,
- Preserving the Incident Scene,
- Crowd Control.
Level III (16 Hours)
- Security Officer 832/837 (Arrest-Search-Seizure),
- Constitutional Law,
- Advanced Courtroom Demeanor,
CSTA will offer the entire course, if completed within the same one week, for $300.00. This includes levels I, II, and III.
Or, if taken separately:
- Level I: $70.00;
- Level II: $140.00;
- Level III: $140.00.
- Live Scan at Legacy Tax & Financial Service, 6130 Freeport Blvd, Ste. # 200D, $60
- B.S.I.S. fee $50.00.
Important Rules and Regulations
A person REGISTERED to receive a Guard Card shall complete not less than 32 hours of training in security officer’s skills within six months from the day the registration card is issued.
Sixteen of the 32 hours must be completed within 30 days from the day the registration card is issued.
This course was designed by B.S.I.S. Student must be 18 years of age. As of January 1, 2003 temporary guard cards are no longer issued.
California State law calls for an 8-hour Refresher Course to be completed every year a card is held. Security companies must have copies of numbered certificates for every year, after the first.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO CLASS
- California ID, or Driver’s License
- A form of payment
When you are done reading the steps to apply, if you still have questions, please address all questions to (916) 399-2010. This is the school’s direct number.